Retirement Plan Strategies with Care
For more than 11 years, SHA Retirement Group has been assisting organizations implement and manage 401(k), 403(b), defined benefit, and cash balance plans. The firm brings over 70 years of combined experience and the essential industry knowledge and credentials to assist today’s businesses and higher education institutions in implementing and managing effective retirement plans.
Based in Troy, Michigan, the independent firm largely works with clients in the Great Lakes area, including Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin. Many of these clients are educational institutions or in the manufacturing, automotive, and service industries with as few as 50 employees to a workforce of over 20,000. Having worked with a wide range of businesses, the firm utilizes its knowledge and experience to guide clients through the complexities of their retirement programs.
SHA Retirement Group takes a holistic approach to retirement plan consulting. Standard services provided by the consulting team include:
- Assist the plan sponsor with a plan review, which includes fiduciary education for committee members, plan design assistance, administrative compliance review, and discussion of fiduciary best practices.
- Assist in the preparation or review of Investment Policy Statement (IPS).
- Investment menu design.
- Analyze plan investment lineup.
- Investment monitoring integrated with the IPS.
- Assist in identifying Qualified Default Investment Alternative (QDIA).
- Evaluate investment strategies.
- Worksite Financial Solutions: Targeted participant education solutions with assistance gauging participant “outcomes.”
- Liaison with all service providers.
- Record keeper searches and overall plan fee analysis and benchmarking.
SHA Retirement Group approaches each retirement plan from the view of the organization and of the employees. With specific expertise in employer-sponsored retirement plans, the firm offers a wide range of retirement services to clients, as well as assistance in areas of concern that matter most to them.
Employees Stress About Money:
- Financial stress is the #1 cause of stress-related illnesses1.
- 24% higher healthcare costs in people who are stressed about finances2.
Impact to Your Business:
- Recurring financial education helps reduce stress and healthcare costs among employees1.
1 Research Works: Partnership for Workplace Mental Health report, February 2009.
2 Higher Health Care Costs for Metabolic Syndrome Risk, Disabled World, September 2009.